Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Single Mom

These last few days I have been a single mom while Jimmy has been at Mill Hollow. He goes every summer with the school he teaches at, Lake Ridge Elementary, and has a lot of fun. He wasn't able to go anywhere last year due to his heart problems, so now that he's "fixed" he's been participating in as many activities as possible.
Timmy has been having a hard time whenever Jimmy leaves for anything, so I was kinda nervous about him being gone for 3 days. Surprisingly, Timmy has been GREAT! He's asked about Jimmy a few times and when he'll be home, but other than that, he hasn't cried or anything. What a good boy! Over all the kids have been awesome!! I still have my sanity:) We've just been hanging out, playing games together, watching movies, and we were even able to visit Grandma and Grandpa Duffin last night. We miss Daddy very much and are excited to pick him up this afternoon.
I am so thankful for my family and for what an amazing blessing they are to me. I try my best everyday to tell them and show them how much I love and appreciate them. I love being a Mom and wouldn't trade it for anything no matter how difficult it may be sometimes. Anyway, it's never easy, but always worth it. Right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Annemarie!! This is Marisa (your cousin, just in case you know a lot of other Marisa's :-)). I found your blog through Kristin's blog. I hope that's okay :-). It was fun to read a little about you guys. I can't believe your children are so grown up! Wow, how is Michael already seven?! It's been much too long since I've seen you. I know that you've all been longing to visit New Orleans someday :-), so you'll just have to make that visit in the next couple years! Anyway, I have a blog that's private, so send me an email and I'll send you an invite! We just decided that since we live in the city that has the highest crime rate in the US (no joke!) that we'd better keep the blog private for safety reasons. My email is peterson.marisa@gmail.com Love ya! Marisa

    ReplyDelete